Enterprise Class Storage OS for Every Business
Experience Doubled Performance – High Availability Storage Clusters with Open-E DSS V7
If you had the possibility to double the performance of your storage system, at the same time ensuring business continuity and high availability of your data – would you do it?
With Open-E’s Feature Pack Active-Active iSCSI Failover for Open-E DSS V7 you can achieve all this and more! Use the Active-Active functionality for:
- High Availability
- Cloud Storage
- Storage for Virtualization
- Business Continuity
- and many more…
It turns out that other offerings can give you Active-Active solutions or offer a reasonable price and configuration, but very few can deliver both at the same time. And that’s precisely what Open-E DSS V7 does: It provides superior performance, security, and scalability at a fraction of the cost of alternative storage solutions. The flexible design of Open-E DSS V7 enables companies of all sizes to create effective iSCSI solutions that can adapt to and meet the simplest or the most complex storage needs.
Automatic Active-Active Failover functionality for iSCSI Volumes can only be purchased for usage with Open-E DSS V7. Try it for yourself today and enjoy the benefits!
The Active-Active feature enables you to run volumes simultaneously in the active mode on two cluster nodes – providing high availability of data. When one node fails, the other one takes over automatically and all application services continue to run without interruptions. Once the failed node is available again, the administrator can move back the activity of selected volumes.
Thanks to the Active-Active functionality, overall cluster performance is doubled since the read, write and replication traffic can be balanced over two nodes. Within just a few minutes, you will have up to several hundred gigabytes available on your network – without much effort and no downtime.
Open-E’s Quality Assurance Team carried out research tests to identify the best high availability configuration, comparing systems in Active-Passive to systems in Active-Active Configuration.
The tests were used to determine which switching time was shorter during downtime and which configuration better utilizes storage resources. The results were no surprise – Active-Active championed in all tests:
- Double performance was achieved when using an Active-Active configuration.
- In case of downtime, Active-Active Failover’s switching time is twice as short as Active-Passive.
- For data throughput, the read and write performance is increased up to 100% with Active-Active.
- Doubles your Overall Performance in most configurations – test results prove it.
- Minimizes Downtime and protects from unwanted service interruptions.
- Eliminates a Single Point of Failure by configuring Active-Active clusters without shared discs. Thanks to this, your data is more secure.
- Speeds Up Networking Connectivity, since I/O traffic is equally balanced over two nodes.
- Enhances Cluster Security by allowing you to configure as many auxiliary paths and as many network connections you have.
- Fully Utilizes All Processing Power on both cluster nodes.
- Offers Self-Validation of the System. When starting a cluster, Open-E DSS V7 checks all critical settings on each node, including: SCSI IDs, tasks, ping nodes, configurations, resource pools, auxiliary paths, and more. This way, clusters cannot be started if they were configured wrong.
- Provides Increased Sensibility for Network Failures, thanks to the possibility of configuring Ping Nodes.
- Eliminates Waste of Hardware Resources by providing more efficient usage.
- Easy and User-Friendly Configuration.
- Further Reduces Storage Costs.